Study, work or immigration on your mind then English proficiency test is a mandate that
each Indian national must qualify, as this test gives you registered evidence of your
language competency. While, there are so many choices challenge is selecting the right
one. Look at various English Tests available with Edulaunchers/ us:

TOEFL (Test of English as Foreign Language) or IELTS (International English
Language Testing System) or PTE (Pearson Test of English) all are acceptable for
study visa purposes. TOEFL/ IELTS has the widest acceptance globally. PTE is gaining
popularity and is recognised by a lot of academic institutes across Australia, New
Zealand, Philippines, UK and more.
Both IELTS and PTE also have their general version unlike TOEFL that can be used for
work and immigration purposes, though IELTS -general is the most commonly
accepted exam globally.

As of today, all 3 exams can be taken in online format while IELTS do have provision of
human interaction as it can be taken in paper-based mode as well.
All TOEFL, IELTS and PTE scores are valid for 2 years but PTE for Australian
Immigration is acceptable for 3 years.
Some other test you may want to consider are Cambridge English tests:
PET (Preliminary English Test) is the lowest level and is taken to prove, that one has
enough English to communicate and talk about simple things.
FCE (First Certificate English) is meant for intermediate students and proves your
English is good enough to live in an English-speaking country and that you can
communicate relatively fluently.
CAE (Certificate of Advanced English) this test is 100% by British Universities.
CPE (Certificate of Proficiency in English) is another English language test that is
accepted by all the universities in UK. This is conducted both in pen-paper and online
Cambridge exams remain valid for ever unlike the other mentioned tests. There are a
few other exams, but these are the most famous ones. Before you take any exam, it’s
very important to ask yourself why you are doing it, and will it meet my requirements? If
you are applying to university, check the website or ask your advisor. If you are applying
for immigration visa or citizenship, check the official government website or documents.
All the exams test your English but, sometimes institutions will only accept only one of

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *